- arrange mode is programmed by Ikeda, Ichimura and Yagawa, it’ll be totally different from previous arrange modes and will be focused on story, with voice acting by Aya Hirano
- it will feature a new elemental doll, Saya
- vertical scrolling, but 16:9 aspect ratio, like Jamestown and Gigawing
- supports coop multiplayer up to 3 players (not specificed if online or offline), there’s only one score counter shared between players
- there will be an anime intro, sung by Aya Hirano
- Yagawa is in charge of the port (in previous games he only did arrange modes)
- it’ll be their last game for 360
- they’re working together with Microsoft
- there will be a big announcement on March 2013
In a previous post, I commented on many of the obstacles that must be overcome to sell an arcade game to console gamers. Some of these issues (screen orientation and content) were also in the developer’s minds and have been addressed.
Also noteworthy is that CAVE’s three main developers are working together on the Arrange Mode since they typically work on separate projects. The increased developer attention combined with Microsoft’s involvement and the expensive additions (Anime intro, famous voice actor) suggest that CAVE and Microsoft are putting everything they can into this game. It will be interesting to see the finished product and consumer response.